Your Experienced and Trusted Cookeville Car Accident Lawyers
Cookeville, Tennessee, a city located within Putnam County, is home to over 30,000 residents and Cummins Falls State Park. Mitch Grissim & Associates proudly serves the Cookeville community with passion and dedication.
If you or a loved one suffered damage or life-altering injuries as a result of a car wreck, our car accident lawyers can help. We know how devastating and stressful an accident can be for an individual and their family, however, you don’t have to handle the legal process alone.
Alarming Tennessee Car Wreck Statistics
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Highway Loss Data Institute(IIHS- HLDI) shared the following statistical data from 2016 for the state of Tennessee:
- 966 fatal crashes
- 1,041 motor vehicle crash deaths
- 570 single-vehicle crashes
- 471 multiple-vehicle crashes
- 561 drivers killed due to alcohol involvement
Tennessee drivers have experienced many collisions and countless lives have been lost due to vehicle accidents, which is why our mission at Mitch Grissim & Associates is helping injured victims and their families through such difficult times.
Types of Cases We Oversee
No matter what type of vehicle accident you or a loved one encountered, we are here to answer your questions and help you seek justice for the damages and injuries directly caused by another individual’s negligence.
Frequent Causes of Collisions
Collisions can occur for numerous reasons, however, the most common causes of automobile accidents include the following:
Speed limits are implemented to help with road safety for motorists, but when speed limits are disobeyed it can cause accidents.
Driving while intoxicated is dangerous and causes poor reaction time, drowsiness, and a lack of concentration, which is necessary when operating a motor vehicle.
Wet road conditions can cause drivers to hydroplane.
Distracted driving includes texting, talking on a cell phone, changing the radio station, and various other distractions.
According to the Association For Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), “Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.” An accident can happen at any moment, so it’s imperative that you know how to proceed.
8 Steps to Take Immediately Following a Wreck
Often times, victims of a motor vehicle accident are uncertain about how to proceed after a collision. It’s essential to know what steps to take to increase your chances of receiving compensation should you choose to file a lawsuit for the injuries and damages you suffered as a result of someone else’s careless actions. Below are suggestions for what to do after being involved in an accident:
- Remain calm- It’s vital to remain calm to ensure you make rational decisions and handle the situation appropriately.
- Check for injuries- Check to see if you or anyone else associated in the car crash has suffered injuries.
- Contact emergency responders- Even if no one appears to have suffered any injuries, it’s important to still call for help.
- Seek medical assistance- Even if you believe you’re not injured, you should still be evaluated by a medical professional.
- Collect information- Make sure to ask the other driver for their phone number and insurance information.
- Never admit fault for an accident- When you contact police, they will file a report and determine who is at fault for the collision. If you admit fault and the collision was actually the other driver’s wrongdoing, you may potentially affect your lawsuit if you decide to file.
- Take photographs of the accident- Photos of the collision can be used as evidence in a lawsuit.
- Talk to witnesses- If anyone saw the automobile accident, ask for their statement on what they observed and their contact information.
- Contact our lawyers- Our team can review the various aspects of your case and help you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
If you follow the tips listed above, you may increase your chances of receiving compensation for the damages and injuries you suffered.
What is Compensation?
Compensation is a monetary award intended to cover expenses caused by the collision. It typically falls into two categories: special and general damages.
In order to conclude what compensation is available for your case or if you are eligible for compensation at all, it’s imperative to consult a car accident lawyer who knows the laws regarding car wrecks. An attorney can review the intricate details of your case and help you seek the compensation you rightfully deserve. Our team will work relentlessly to help you receive justice and compensation for your injuries.
Why Hire an Attorney?
Automobile accidents are challenging to manage without proper legal guidance. An attorney can help you determine a reasonable amount of compensation for your injuries and damages and fight for your legal rights.
Victims usually aspire to settle their cases quickly, and insurance companies will use this to their advantage by offering a low settlement amount initially in hopes that the victim will accept. Lawyers know insurance companies seek their own best interests instead of what’s best for the victim.
When you hire an experienced car accident lawyer, you can trust that your case is in experienced hands and that we will handle the insurance company while you focus on recovery.
The legal process can be overwhelming and tiresome, but you don’t have to handle your case alone. It’s in your best interest to seek legal advice about your case to strengthen your chances of receiving compensation.
Contact Our Firm for Legal Guidance
At Mitch Grissim & Associates, we understand the difficulties a victim may face when attempting to file a lawsuit for the injuries and damages they experienced. With our legal representation, you can trust that your case is in reliable hands.
When you have our car accident lawyers alongside you, we will keep you up to date on the progression of your case and answer any questions throughout its duration. We truly believe our clients deserve strong legal representation.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car wreck in Cookeville, Tennessee, our team of compassionate and caring personal injury lawyers can help you with the legal aspects while you recover. Call our office today at (615) 255-9999 or fill out our free consultation form. You deserve to receive compensation for what you have suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence. Don’t hesitate to call our law office today. Allow our team to fight on your behalf.