Injured In An Accident? Turn To Our Car Accident Lawyers
Nashville, Tennessee, is home to country music and accessible highways for drivers in various states. The Tennessee Department Of Transportation (TDOT) mentioned, “Interstate- 40 is an important transportation lifeline across the nation.” Although Nashville’s highways make transportation easier and connect multiple cities, they can be dangerous for drivers.
The roadways and intersections that make up Music City have helped drivers across the country, but high traffic and construction zones have caused an increasing amount of severe accidents that have, in some cases, resulted in death.
A car accident lawyer at Mitch Grissim & Associates can help if you’ve been a victim of an accident. We are aware of the numerous accidents that occur daily due to dangerous road conditions and negligent drivers.
Most Dangerous Nashville Roadways
Collisions on major intersections and roadways can be devastating due to higher traffic and speed limits. “Tennessee has more miles of I-40 within its boundaries than any other state,” according to TDOT. Listed below are some of the most dangerous roadways and intersections in Nashville.
- Interstate 65
- Interstate 40
- Interstate 440
- Hickory Hollow & Mt. View Rd
- Bridgestone & Heil Quaker Blvd
Poor Layouts Contribute to Unsafe Roads
The car you or a loved one drive may have highly ranked safety features, but poor road layouts can still cause an accident to happen at any moment. There are multiple road layouts or designs that can create hazards for drivers traveling the roadways. New developments can cause higher traffic, which can result in hazardous road conditions as well. Some common issues include:
- Traffic flow
- Shoulder design
- Entry and exit ramps
- Traffic control devices
When a motor vehicle accident has occurred on an intersection, uncertainty about how to proceed is common. How you handle the moments after an accident will play a vital role later on if you decide to file a lawsuit. Follow these steps after a collision:
- After the accident, move the vehicles over to the side of the road and turn your hazard lights on, if possible.
- Call emergency personnel, especially if anyone is injured or experiencing pain. It’s also important that the police create an accident report because it can potentially be used to support your claim.
- Ask for the necessary information from the other driver, such as their insurance. If possible, take photos of the accident scene from multiple angles.
- Do not blame the other driver for the collision. Allow the police to evaluate the accident to determine who is at fault.
- Contact one of our car accident lawyers to help oversee your accident case. If you have suffered injuries, you may be able to file a claim to receive compensation for those injuries.
4 Things Not To Do After A Collision
- Leave the scene of an accident. If you leave the scene, you could be considered a “hit-and-run driver.” According to the law, it is considered a felony to leave the scene of an accident.
- Forget to collect evidence. Evidence can be used in a case to help determine liability for the accident.
- Refuse medical attention. In some cases, people decide not to be evaluated by a medical professional because they don’t feel immediate pain. Refusing to be seen by a doctor could negatively impact your chances of receiving compensation for medical expenses.
- Fail to contact your insurance company. It’s important to contact your insurance company about the accident, despite who is at fault. Once you have notified your insurance company, you need one of our attorneys to help you gather information and the paperwork necessary to file a claim.
When to Hire an Attorney
Every case is unique, so compensation will vary depending on the damages and injuries that resulted from the accident. Automobile accident cases can be challenging to handle alone, especially when you have to deal with insurance companies.
When you hire one of our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys, we will talk to the insurance companies on your behalf while you focus on recovering.
If you’re uncertain about hiring an attorney, consider Mitch Grissim & Associates. We have the resources and skills necessary to help you receive the compensation you deserve for the negligent actions of another individual.
Legal Representation You Can Trust
The team at Mitch Grissim & Associates understands that you may have experienced lost wages, high medical bills, and pain and suffering due to a collision. Our car accident lawyers know how traumatic an accident can be. That’s why we want to help alleviate the stress by assisting you on your case. If you or someone you love has been injured in a collision, call us today at (615) 255-9999 or fill out a free consultation form.