A Nashville Car Accident Lawyer Can Assist Your Case
With countless types of car models, it can be challenging to decide which car will best fit your needs. Some people prefer compact vehicles while others require larger cars for the spacious seating. According to Statista, “In 2017, approximately 6.3 million passenger cars were sold to customers in the United States.” The overall vehicle design plays a role in the safety of a car, yet sometimes people fail to research the vehicle model for safety features such as traction control and head injury protection. When a vehicle collides with another object, it can lead to severe injuries, damage, or even death. Traffic collisions can include side collisions, rollovers, head-on, and road departure. Car wrecks occur daily and the injures a victim can suffer, vary depending upon the type of collision. If you or someone you love has suffered an injury, you need a Nashville car accident lawyer by your side. Injuries caused by the careless actions of another individual could possibly result in compensation.
Top 10 Cars Most Likely to be in an Accident
Safety features are essential to review before purchasing a vehicle for yourself or your the family. Certain types of vehicles are more accident prone than others on the market, so it’s vital to be aware of the specific cars that tend to get in accidents before buying.
An article by Auto Guide listed the “Top 10 Most Likely to Have Been in an Accident” based on the percentage amount of reported or unreported accidents they have appeared in:
- BMW 4 Series– 11.5 percent
- BMW X1– 12.7 percent in reported accidents, 5.3 percent in unreported accidents
- Land Range Rover Evoque– 10.9 percent involved in reported accidents
- Jaguar XJ– 8.2 percent
- Infiniti JX– 9.3 percent
- Lexus RX 350– 10.5 percent
- Audi A5– 9.5 percent
- Cadillac ATS– 8.5 percent
- Lexus CT 200h– 8.7 percent
- Infiniti QX60– 8 percent
There are various reasons a car wreck can occur such as drivers being distracted by mobile devices, intoxication, excessive speeding, or not following the rules of the road. In some cases, one may experience a vehicle-ramming attack, which is when an individual has deliberately caused an accident with the purpose of harming others. Anyone who has suffered injuries because of someone else’s negligence should receive compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. A Nashville car accident lawyer can help victims file a claim to receive any coverage they might be entitled to for their injuries.
Safety Features to Consider to Help Reduce Accidents
Thankfully, car makers are now installing more safety features into their vehicle models, which can reduce potential accidents. The Consumer Reports listed different types of safety features that could help drivers stay safe on the road:
- Traction Control– This limits wheel spin, especially in wet or icy conditions.
- Airbags– Airbags can help reduce injuries in an accident by providing cushion within the vehicle for the driver and passenger.
- Brake Assist– This detects when a driver attempts a panic stop. If you need to stop quickly, brake assist can help bring the brake the vehicle at maximum force.
- Blind-Spot Warning (BSW)– In some cars, radar or cameras are used to warn the driver of any vehicles approaching in the next lane that are hidden in the driver’s blind-spot. Numerous vehicles have a sound warning that will alert the driver.
- Lane-Departure Warning (LDW)– If the driver steers their vehicle out of the lane without a turn signal, LDW will alert them with a sound or vibration to the seat or steering wheel.
Listed above are just some of the safety features newer cars offer, but before purchasing an automobile, you should always do your research to check what safety features are included in that specific model.
Contact a Nashville Attorney
Our Nashville car accident lawyers at Mitch Grissim & Associates understand the Tennessee laws regarding car accidents. Safety is important to us, and we are fully aware that the rules of the road are not always followed. If you or a loved one have been a victim of a car accident, it’s possible to receive compensation for your injuries. Call us today to speak with one of our trusted legal attorneys at (615) 645-3391 or fill out a free consultation form. You and your loved one deserve to be compensated after suffering an injury due to someone else’s negligence.