Nashville Car Accident Lawyer
Motor vehicle accidents happen frequently on roadways across the nation and occur for numerous reasons. In some cases, vehicle accidents result in minor injuries, while others cause serious, life-altering injuries, or even death.
At Mitch Grissim & Associates, we are committed to helping victims who have sustained injuries as a direct result of another person’s careless actions. We understand that the legal system is complicated and involves various laws that are challenging to comprehend without legal help. For this reason, consulting an experienced Nashville car accident lawyer will be a resourceful decision.
- We Make It Fast & Easy
Don’t wait for an insurance adjuster to tell you what your injuries are worth. Call us today, and we’ll start reviewing your claim right away.
- You Deserve Compensation
You deserve every dollar you are entitled to for your pain and suffering. Our lawyers can help you fight for your rights.
- No Fee Unless We Win
Our expert legal team works on a contingency-fee basis. You never have to worry about hidden fees or charges. We don’t get paid unless you do!
- We’re Here for You
At Mitch Grissim & Associates, we are dedicated to serving our community by providing quality legal representation. We understand the devastation an automobile accident can cause an individual and their family. If you’ve been in an accident, you may be feeling isolated dealing with pain, medical expenses, and other losses that other people just don’t understand. We want you to know you don’t have to do this alone.
Our team is here for you, and we will continue to be here for you while we navigate your car accident claim. We will ensure that you are well-informed and comfortable with all proceedings in your case. Our team is available to answer any questions or address any concerns you have during the duration of your case.
Were You Injured in a Car Accident? We Can Help!
Injuries after a vehicle accident are not uncommon and can range from minor to severe, depending on the type of collision. Some of the most common types of injuries include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): Head injuries can cause serious and life-altering damage. If this type of injury is not treated properly, the damage can be significant. Concussions, contusions, and diffuse axonal injuries are just a few examples of the types of brain injuries that can occur in a collision.
- Broken bones: Fractures are common after a wreck, especially when the body experiences a sudden force.
- Cuts and scrapes: These types of injuries can be caused by broken glass and loose objects that may move throughout the vehicle during the crash.
- Burns: Some car accidents can result in flames and even explosions. This can cause first-degree, second-degree, or third-degree burns.
- Spinal cord damage: This type of damage can cause permanent disabilities like paraplegia, tetraplegia, and more.
What Caused Your Accident?
While accidents transpire for countless reasons, some of the most common types of accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
Each day, nine people die in the United States as a result of distracted driving, according to the Department of Motor Vehicles. Distracted driving is extremely dangerous because it causes the driver to take their focus off of the roads. Things like eating, texting, or even smoking are an unwelcome distraction on the road that can lead to dangerous situations.
- Reckless Driving
Every driver is responsible for operating their vehicle safely on the roadways; however, many do not. Reckless driving can include speeding, running stop signs, and tailgating.
- Drunk Driving
Drunk driving places the driver in serious danger as well as other motorists on the roadways.
- Wet Roads
Wet road conditions are dangerous for motorists and can cause a driver to hydroplane. Although motorists should slow down when it’s raining, many don’t.
- Manufacturing Defects
In some cases, drivers may be oblivious to defects to their vehicles like malfunctioning tires or brakes. These dangerous defects can result in serious accidents.
Statute of Limitations in Tennessee
Every state has laws that set strict deadlines for individuals seeking damages caused by the negligent actions of another person. These laws are known as statutes of limitations. In the state of Tennessee, an injured victim has exactly one year to file a lawsuit for damages. If they file after the set deadline, their chances of receiving compensation are little to none. For this reason, it’s important to speak with an attorney immediately after the accident.
How a Lawyer Can Defend Your Rights
When you need to stand up to the threats and bullying of insurance companies that are intent on not paying for your injuries or any property damage, we can help. Having a Nashville car accident lawyer in your corner can work to your advantage. The right attorney will know how to fight back and put an end to non-payment tactics in order to get you the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
For example, insurance adjusters might pretend to be your friend, claiming that their initial lowball offer is fair. Additionally, they might try to encourage or bully you into signing off on the offer, telling you that if you don’t sign, you won’t get a penny when it goes to court.
When you hire our firm, you don’t have to worry about these common insurance company tactics. We can handle every aspect of your case to ensure that you receive what you deserve.
Car Accident Checklist
- Check for Injuries and Call Emergency Responders: Immediately following a wreck, check to see if you or anyone else is injured and call for help.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you believe your injuries appear minor, it’s in your best interest to be seen by a medical professional. Waiting, or refusing to seek medical attention, may later have a negative impact on your case.
- Gather Evidence: In order to win a car accident case, it must be proven that the negligent actions of another driver directly caused your injuries. To help your lawyer prove negligence, it’s vital to collect as much evidence as possible. This can include medical bills, lost wages, and photos of your injuries and any property damage.
- Call an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer: With the legal guidance of an experienced attorney, you can better understand your options. Every vehicle accident is different, so your case must be reviewed to determine the best course of action.
Whether you are able to receive compensation is determined by various factors, such as the severity of your injuries and the amount of time it will take for you to heal. For this reason, the details of your case will need to be evaluated by an attorney who can help calculate a fair amount of compensation for your damages. Most car accident cases are settled before going to court becomes necessary. However, if an agreement cannot be reached between the parties, then filing a lawsuit may be the next step. If your case does go to court, having an experienced attorney on your side will be extremely important.
Contact An Experienced Nashville Car Accident Lawyer Today
However, if an agreement cannot be reached between the parties, then filing a lawsuit may be the next step. If your case does go to court, then having an experienced attorney on your side will be extremely important.This can be difficult to predict. No car accident case is the same, so the length of time it will take to reach a settlement will depend on the specific circumstances of your accident. While it can be difficult to wait for your case to be settled, our Nashville car accident lawyers will work diligently to ensure that you receive the justice you deserve.